Middle Leaders use iAbacus® to self-evaluate their departments and create action plans to improve.
Heads of Departments
Everything explained in 5 minutes…
This video shows iAbacus being used to create a departmental self-evaluation and action plan. Please note, iAbacus can be customised with your own criteria – or pre-loaded with other subjects or aspects of provision, e.g. S.M.S.C and Pupil Premium
The Power is in the Process
iAbacus® isn’t just software – it’s an empowering process that builds the capacity of Middle Leaders. It doesn’t rely on form-filling or data-entry. There are no complex dashboards or overwhelming screens full of widgets. It won’t burden Middle Leaders with bureaucracy and un-necessary paperwork. Instead, it supports and structures their strategic thinking as it guides them through a simple, step-by-step process which helps them accurately self-evaluate the effectiveness of their department, analyse factors which affect performance and plan detailed actions to improve.
Start with your judgements
Slide the beads to record your initial judgements about effectiveness in each area.
Check judgements against criteria
Check the accuracy of your judgements by re-sliding the beads to review the criteria.
Summarise your evidence
Justify your judgements by providing evidence and including file attachments or weblinks.
Analyse what’s helping or hindering
Analyse the factors that are helping or hindering effectiveness.
Plan your actions to improve
Plan actions to strengthen the helping factors and weaken the hindering.
Create reports and action plans
Automatically produce clear and concise reports and plans to share with others.
Collaborate with colleagues
Invite others to add their beads for a simple 360° approach to collaboration
NEW Collaboration Features
You can now combine and compare abacuses from multiple users for instant insights into effectiveness across departments or groups of staff.
Middle Leaders “love it!”
iAbacus® is different. Other school systems are time-consuming and complicated – full of features which slow staff down and frustrate them. iAbacus® is engaging and a joy to use.
iAbacus® is based on a process designed by John Pearce during 40 years as a School Improvement Adviser. It helps Middle Leaders evaluate, think strategically and plan actions to drive improvement.
10 Minute Guarantee
iAbacus® is straightforward and intuitive. Middle Leaders start using it immediately and instinctively. If they need help – we’ll happily show them everything they need to know in just 10 minutes.
10 Reasons Middle Leaders “Love” iAbacus
- They don’t need any training – just a 5 minute video.
- They access it anytime, anywhere – even on their iPad.
- They’re guided step-by-step through the entire process.
- They get straight to evaluation and only collect evidence when they need it.
- They become familiar with inspection criteria for evaluating effectiveness.
- They quickly produce a combined self-evaluation and action plan.
- They’re committed to action plan because it’s based on their self-evaluation.
- They involve other staff in the department by inviting them to collaborate.
- They see how their analysis contributes to the whole school improvement plan.
- They learn an improvement process they’ll use for the rest of their career.